Quality and courtesy above all
My top priorities are delivering very high quality work, respecting my deadlines and making sure my clients are happy with the results. My business is built on word-of-mouth referrals and my clients have been happy to recommend me, year after year.
Translation from French to English
I take great care to ensure translated texts retain their original meaning. It’s about finding the most elegant way to convey the ideas, the flavour, the tone, the underlying culture—not simply translating word for word.
Revision and editing of English documents
Translators: While respecting your translation decisions, I strive to correct any tiny oversights or offer suggestions that have the reader’s interests in mind.
Publishers: Let my keen eye for detail find typos and other irregularities to get copy ready for print.
Authors and academics: My main concern is letting your style shine through, and enhancing it by eliminating errors and adding some polish.
Copywriting in English
I adapt my writing style to ensure that your messages come to life for the reader and support your strategic goals.
While each project is unique, many follow these steps:
- First contact by email or phone
- Translation document sent by the client for an estimate (translation is priced by the word)
- Briefing by the client on the editing or copywriting job (services billed by the hour)
- I submit a price estimate and suggest a deadline
- Client approves the price and deadline (contract signature if desired)
- Clarification of work-related details and client preferences
- Delivery within deadline
- Client sends their comments and asks questions, if applicable
- Document returned to the client with any necessary changes
- Client approves the text
- Final proofread and delivery